Sunday, October 13, 2013

About Me

About Me:



My name is Tamara. I am a costumer, a sideshow performer, a bellydancer, an avid reader, and a tea snob.

 I studied at FIDM, and earned an AA in both Fashion Design and Costume Design for Film and TV. I've worked on a few short films and a handful of theatre productions, but most of my time has recently been spent working on private commissions and costumes for competitive dance.

Did I mention that I also work as a sideshow performer? Cause I do. I perform dangerous and often painful stunts with a a group of beautiful, wonderful, girls. If you're ever in the Los Angeles area, you should check us out - I promise you won't regret it. You can find out more about our fearless feats at www.sideshowsirens.com

I am also a performer at the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire. I've worked there since 2000, and have been a boothie, part of a stage act, and an actor (I'm horrible at the acting part). I am part of the Guild of San Lorenzo, the Florentine embassy from the court of Cosimo de' Medici; with them, I am a street actor and the resident Costume Director.

 This blog will be a place for me to share and keep diaries of my progress on various costume pieces. The content will likely be predominantly Renaissance in period, with healthy smatterings of other time periods/realities.

 Welcome to my blog - I hope you enjoy the ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment